Tuesday 11 October 2011

Marina and the diamonds - Digipak & Poster

I have been using InDesign to make practise digipaks and posters for the genre of music I am doing for my music video. 

This is a practise digipak for Marina and the Diamond's album called 'The Family Jewels'. I have used photos of the singer that have abstract elements to them. The CD disc (picture 1) uses lots of colours that represent the reflecting colours of a diamond. For the inside CD booklet (picture 2), I have layered two pictures in order to achieve the effect I want, I used a picture of the singer covered in glitter and a closeup of the singer holding a diamond then used the gradient feather tool to blur the two images together. In addition, I have also added text, which represents the personality of the singer, who is rebellious and edgy. For the back of the cover (picture 3), I have blurred to images again. The first image is abstract diamonds and the second is a kaleidoscope of Marina. I have then used the same text as the disc then highlighted it to make it stand out. Also, I have added a barcode, music company logo and copyright info to make it look more professional. For the front cover (picture 4), I have layered three pictures on top of each other then decreased the transparency. Then I used a feather gradient, which noise effect to blur out edges to make it more professional. Then I added text for the name of the band and album, as well as a picture of diamonds, which has been a continuing theme throughout the digipak.

This is the poster that matches the digipak seen above. This is a typical poster seen in HMV. I have included in the HMV logo, Music production company logo and copyright logo. Also, I have put the front cover of the digipak on the poster. On the poster, I have used the font to show continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment