Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?


Once I had uploaded my music video to my youtube channel, I could then post a link on my Facebook page. This allowed my friends to view it and also give their feedback on what aspects they liked or disliked.



I also made a survey on www.surveymonkey.com, where I asked questions about my music video.


Here are the questions and responses...


I like the different locations and the different camera angles
4/16/2012 9:32 PMView Responses
I really like the natural locations and also loved what the singer was wearing as it fit well with the genre.
4/16/2012 9:30 PMView Responses
I liked the shots from different angles and the way that there was a variety of loactions. I also LOVED what the girl was wearing and it fit nicely with the surroundings! The singing was all in time with the track and the switches were nice and simple and not overly complicated.
4/16/2012 9:16 PMView Responses
nice camera shots in nice locations
4/16/2012 9:16 PMView Responses
Everything! Especially the visuals and storyline
4/16/2012 9:14 PMView Responses
The different view points & camera angles.
4/16/2012 9:11 PMView Responses
i liked the setting and different shots, it was really natural and seemed to fit the lyrics and genre of the song
4/16/2012 9:09 PMView Responses
I like the way it switches from different scenery in the video. I also love the fact she is mimicking the words and also playing the guitar.
4/16/2012 9:09 PMView Responses


If I was being picky, I think the shots could have been a bit more steady, however in fact they add to the playfulness
4/16/2012 9:30 PMView Responses
Sometimes the camera wobbled and moved, which if it was held steady would improve the quality. I'd have liked a few more long distance, and extreme facial close ups - the camera distance tended to all be from the same sort of distance.
4/16/2012 9:16 PMView Responses
maybe find a way to improve the cameras stability, but apart from that it's good!
4/16/2012 9:16 PMView Responses
Nothing. I loved it all - soo good!
4/16/2012 9:14 PMView Responses
You could maybe do more close up shots of the singer?
4/16/2012 9:11 PMView Responses
maybe make shots more stablized
4/16/2012 9:09 PMView Responses
There was a little bit of giggling, but then it does add fun to the video so not necessarily a bad aspect of the video.
4/16/2012 9:09 PMView Responses




As you can see from the comments above, it generally received positive feedback. They liked the use of locations, costumes, props and range of camera shots. I also asked what they disliked, so I could improve and create the best music video possible. Most people commented on the stability of the shots, I agree with this to a certain point as some shots need to be more steady, however I wanted to create a fun and carefree feel, similar to 'Our Song' by Ellie Goulding. Overall, I have taken all feedback and criticism onboard, and as a result I have decided to re-film some parts at St. Catherine's breakwater and woods with a tripod to ensure that the footage is stable, so it will look more professional. Also, I have decided to include a narrative, in order to add another aspect to the video, as well as make it more interesting for my target audience to watch.




During the research and planning stage, I used surveymonkey to collect information of the typical target audience expectations for an acoustic and indie music video. I found out that the typical costumes expected were floral dresses, denim jackets and jewellery, and for locations it was expected to see beach and woodland areas. Therefore, I decided to stick to these expectations as they most appeal to my chosen target audience.
Once I had uploaded my music video to my youtube channel, I could then post a link on my Facebook page. This allowed my friends to view it and also give their feedback on what aspects they liked or disliked.
I received feedback that I need more stable footage as well as to include a narrative. Therefore, I filmed some more footage, in order to make my music video reach the expectations of my target audience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment